Garth Peacock
Another lockdown!!!!


A different experience

Monday 7th June 2021

Interesting times

Tuesday 25th May 2021

The last 10 days or so

Monday 10th May 2021

Something different at last

Friday 30th April 2021

March/April update

Tuesday 6th April 2021

Remembering the highlights

Monday 22nd March 2021

Three weeks of not very much!!!

Saturday 6th March 2021

Minor successes despite Covid

Tuesday 16th February 2021

Desperation strikes

Monday 8th February 2021

Keeping sane during lockdown

Thursday 28th January 2021

2020 - Out with a bang

Tuesday 22nd December 2020

Another month concluded

Monday 30th November 2020

Another lockdown!!!!

Monday 9th November 2020

What a week - NOT!!!

Thursday 29th October 2020

A couple of weeks to catch up on

Monday 26th October 2020

Mixed fortunes

Saturday 26th September 2020

View Blog Archive >>
Monday 9th November 2020

My first blog for November and not too much to report on for the month so far.

First trip out was Wednesday 4th, starting out at Grafham Water. Four great Northern Divers had been reported but non showed for me and nothing of interest on or near the dam either.

At times like these, I try to photograph something different, whether the bird if rare or common. So, from the fishing lodge, I turned my lens on a Tufted Duck that decided to walk over the boom.

Adjourning to the hide to eat my lunch, the only birds within range were the usual Cormorants drying their feathers on the adjacent fence - nothing of interest there until another one wanted to get on the fence. First shot, I thought, was quite colourful with the reflection of the fence in the water

and then it climbed up to it's chosen part of the fence.

That's exciting, I hear you say - well if that was the highlight of the morning, imagine what it was like the rest of the time.

So after lunch, I made my way home, passing Fen Drayton village where some Cattle Egrets were in a field with the cattle, of course. Having found them, it was not easy to get clear shots but one in typical pose near a large bull

and then one decided to have a fly-around.

By then, the light was going so I made my way home.

On friday, I drove to Burwell Fen as a couple of Short-eared Owls had been reported. They normally start to hunt mid/late afternoon but not this time - nothing. I took a few other photos but not worth keeping so nothing to show for the afternoon visit.